Thursday, September 1, 2011

Thoughtful Thursdays: Thoughtful People!

A couple of years ago, I attended the Squam Art Workshop in New Hampshire. Throughout the weekend, I would often hear squeals of joy as people found randomly placed rocks painted with thoughtful sayings. I discovered that the "Rock Fairy" a.k.a. Kim Mailhot, had created these stones and lovingly placed them throughout the camp for others to find. Now... how thoughtful is that?

On the very last day, while on the path to our Dining Hall, there it was... all pink and smooth and just waiting for me... my courage! And it turned up just in time, because it was something I'd been looking to find... for a very long time. I never forgot Kim and her effervescent, caring, sharing personality. And I still have the rock... right in my dressing room... where I can see it every morning.

Who says there aren't thoughtful people out there? Has anyone ever done something selfless for you? I'd love to hear about it!

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Hey, Michelle !!!!! Wow. Not sure what to say but I want you to know that I needed to read this so much today. There are no mistakes, and for you to celebrate me among the thoughtful people you know today, well, that was meant to be. Thank you so much for that! I am going to carry this with me for a long time.
    And I am so glad that you found and kept your courage with you always. That big, beautiful, brave heart of yours has some wonderful things to create in this world !
    And now I found you and will be here to visit often !!! Yay !
    Happy, Happy September, Beautiful One !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim has that effect on many! I've never met her is real face/time, but feel she is a big part of the beauty that blesses my world. A few of her rocks sit in a special bowl in my dining room, and soothe and uplift me every day!! Hold onto that courage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've discovered Kim through her blog and I can tell she is full of amazing wisdom. How lovely to have found one of her pebbles!xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated!

Please feel free to post any questions you may have and I will answer in the same thread.

Creatively...

michelle renee bernard
www.YesterdaysTrashArt.com