Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thoughtful Thursdays: Nesting!

One of the many recurring themes in my art seems to be that of birds, nests, and eggs. I'm not exactly sure why... I mean I love all kinds of big and little birdies. They're so colorful.... they're extremely intelligent... and they are definitely fun to watch.

But the thought of these wonderful creatures... putting so much creativity into building their nest of a home.... carefully choosing bits of grass, twigs, string, and other random trash that's readily available... well, it kind of reminds me of... me. Much of my art is making due with what I have, or — if I don't have what I need —finding something that will work just as well (if not better!).

Then there's the love and care that these birds put into protecting the nest of eggs and feeding their young once they've hatched. I love to hear that peep-peep-peeping of the oh so hungry babies calling for their momma bird. I mean... how cute is that?

And I really do love all kinds of animals in nature... birds being no exception. I love to watch how they interact with each other... how they go about their tasks for the day... or how they deal with unforeseen circumstances like Mother Nature.

But when I really think about it... I like the word nesting and the images it brings to mind in my own life. Building my own home... making it feel comfortable... surrounding myself with "birds of a feather"... and nurturing something I love very much... my creativity. And the birds, nests, and eggs just immediately inspires that personal image of mine. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

What recurring themes do you see in your life? And what do they mean to you?

4 comments:

  1. I really got into birds over the spring when a wee lil mama bird built her nest on the porch and raised 4 birdies! I have bird feeders around and like to see who comes to eat. So far I really love watching the doves, so calm and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad i found your blog. What inspiring and what an eye candy. Hope you don't mind i will be back for more ?!
    Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. one particular item that comes to me are hands as though the are cupping or should i say holding something thing gentle...actually on my home today, I said to gal that was driving how the clouds look like hands..she said that she could see the images too.. hmmm not sure of the meaning of it but its there somewhere... will have to keep my eyes & ears open to reveal the meaning of it...


    On Saturday I was a mad woman doing massive gardening (6 hours worth) and one of the bushes that I was trimming I found the MOST BEEAUTIFUL NEST in it with two or three cracked eggs...I didn't touch it but I will most definitely go take a photo of it tomorrow and post about it ~ its in the bush that is next to my art room... tooo cooollll..

    toodles noodles ~ I'm disappointed in myself for missing the Art Show I hope it was a success.. Have a honey of a night ~ sweet dREaMs! Marlene ;O) xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi! you have a cute blog! i really love your bird necklace! birds are so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated!

Please feel free to post any questions you may have and I will answer in the same thread.

Creatively...

michelle renee bernard
www.YesterdaysTrashArt.com