Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thoughtful Thursdays: The Beach!

Having grown up near the Jersey coast, my love of the beach took hold a very long time ago. Today, I am lucky enough to live in a quaint little Victorian shore town called Ocean Grove. So, you might have guessed that Summer is my favorite time of year. I love going to the beach with my mixed-media magazines, sketchbook and colored pencils, or perhaps an interesting art project that's "portable". 

However, sitting around doing nothing but listening to the waves crashing with my toes in the warm sand ain't bad either!

And there's plenty of wildlife to watch as well. Birds, fish, little crawly creatures, and the like!

And if you get tired of just sitting around (which does not happen that often, for me at least)... you can always take a stroll on the boardwalk. I just love the clip-clop sound of my flip-flops on the aged wood!

But no matter what time of day it is... what season it is... what mood I'm in... or why I felt the need to go there.... the beach is always a place of inspiration for me.

Whether it's the gorgeous colors of nature, the shells that collect at the edge of the sea, or the serenity that I feel when I'm there... for me it's like going home again.

I'd love to know... what places inspire you?

2 comments:

  1. What a great place to find inspiration! I need to head over to the beach more often with my sketchpad! Haven't been all summer...that needs to change! Thanks for the little push!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh! Happy to inspire, Joni! Maybe it will inspire a Pop Art Mini!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated!

Please feel free to post any questions you may have and I will answer in the same thread.

Creatively...

michelle renee bernard
www.YesterdaysTrashArt.com