Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Ta-Daa... I'm "Finished"!

Well, here it is folks... my finished $10 dresser. It was so much fun to get ouside of the house and work on something big! Here's what it looked like when I bought it and here's what it looked like originally (before someone painted it black). Funny how the original had gold highlights also... I didn't see a picture of the dresser online until I was already finished!

I'm so happy with how the piece turned out because it's exactly as I pictured it in my mind. Now I just have to find a place for it. I think it's going to go up in the 3rd floor studio. But first I have to get rid of the futon to make room! So, for now it sits in my dining area. I tell her how pretty she is every time I walk by!

8 comments:

  1. Amazing! Now that piece is definitely worth MORE than it's wait in turquoise and gold! $10.00 well spent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, Joni! You are very clever. And thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely GORGEOUS! I love it that you made this treasure out of a $10 find - and used your relaxation time to do it! Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!! You are an inspiration yet again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Clytie! My mom actually makes jewelry too and started refinishing furniture (some found in trash) too. Now I understand why. It's very zen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! It's spectacular...if it were mine, I would blow it a kiss every time I passed it! You are always amazing. I enjoy your blog so much. Thanks Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a mammoth task well done and dusted! I have done things like this before and they are long and arduous before you get to the final fun bits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks again all, for your kind words and support. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really brought this back to life. The colors are beautiful. $10? seriously?

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated!

Please feel free to post any questions you may have and I will answer in the same thread.

Creatively...

michelle renee bernard
www.YesterdaysTrashArt.com