Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day... and a Poem!

Ever since I can remember, I've had this strange ability to create rhyming poems on command. Today I decided to use my skills to craft a Mother's Day card for my own mom. My inspiration was an early morning photo I took of a tulip in her garden...

From the time that we’re born
we hear a tale of happenstance,
That the family we’re in,
was a matter of chance.

Well I heard another story,
and it certainly makes sense,
That the families we're with,
are not just coincidence. 

Wouldn’t it be funny,
if that really were true?
Because it would mean,
that I hand picked you!

Happy Mother’s Day
to the one I picked!


And in the spirit of sharing, I'd like to offer you this poem to use... for any holiday or family member it might be meaningful to.

Happy Every Day!

Love,
Michelle
xoxox

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh....that's sweet enjoy your mother's day with your mom.......I love that the picture is of a tulip......lately I have been thinking of all those pictures I drew of houses when I was a kid and they always included tulips.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated!

Please feel free to post any questions you may have and I will answer in the same thread.

Creatively...

michelle renee bernard
www.YesterdaysTrashArt.com