Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thoughtful Thursdays: Necessity!

One of my favorite quotes happens to be... Necessity is the Mother of invention. I love that one because it's so true, not only in life, but in art as well. So today's inspiration (okay, so it's a little stretch) is "art imitating life". Or is it "life initiating art"? I'll let you decide...

After years of using the internet for my website, blogging, shopping, yahoo groups, business forums, online classes, and the like... I got tired of trying to remember all my user names and passwords in my head... or looking for them on their little scrap pieces of paper scattered everywhere. So I made myself a Web Log!

I had this cool blank journal and it was the perfect size and shape. I painted it with Adirondack Paint Dabbers, swirled on a little bling with Stickles Glitter Glue and even added the vintage plastic index tabs, colorized with Adirondack Alcohol Inks!

Now everything is in one place... my pretty little pink book. No more searching... Yay!

1 comment:

  1. As I glance around my desk ... cluttered with post-it notes, scraps of paper, and thinking if I could find where I wrote down the user name/password of my bank account I wouldn't have to keep calling that 800 number ... I am thinking this is an EXCELLENT idea!!! Though I fear it may be a bit too late for me. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated!

Please feel free to post any questions you may have and I will answer in the same thread.

Creatively...

michelle renee bernard
www.YesterdaysTrashArt.com