Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thoughtful Thursdays: The People I Meet...

Meet Grandpa Woodstock. I think the first time I saw him was in 2004, during a Woodstock Reunion Concert at Yasgur's Farm in Bethel, NY (where the original Woodstock festival took place). But over the years, I've seen him around both at Bethel and his permanent residence... Woodstock.

So, does Grandpa look like he's got some stories to tell or what? And that is something that inspires me very much... people and their stories. I love to travel the country and visit historical areas... eventually finding someone with stories to tell. Someone who's seen it... felt it... been there... done that. And Grandpa Woodstock is one of those icons.

But it's not just the stories. I'm absolutely smitten with his gentle personality, zest for life, and that fabulous hippie garb. I mean... how he can combine all those lovely flower prints and they still seem to go together. Those clothes have been chosen with heart and aged with love!

You know what he said to me? He said the important thing is to live for today. But he did mention that there was something good about tomorrows... Tomorrow you will be even more beautiful than you are right now. He didn't know me, but we parted with hugs and I hope to see him again some day in my travels.... and hear more stories.

Peace xoxox

2 comments:

  1. He looks to be a wonderful soul. I'd love to meet him and just sit and listen to his stories.

    Not only that ... I LOVE his hat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GrandPa & Estar (his wife) are kind gentle people - always welcoming to strangers, sharing what they have, caring with all their heart. I enjoy sitting with them often, listening to stories, figuring out some new contraption with him, watching some of his library of videos he has and constantly adds to. Amazing in many ways, often insightful, always loving.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated!

Please feel free to post any questions you may have and I will answer in the same thread.

Creatively...

michelle renee bernard
www.YesterdaysTrashArt.com