Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thoughtful Thursdays: Paint Like A Child!



About a year ago, I discovered this exuberant young painting prodigy via a video on YouTube about her first solo exhibition in New York City. I immediately fell in love with the thoughtful innocence of Aelita Andre. Typically adorned in a tutu as her painting attire, she has not yet been stifled by the words, comments or discouraging remarks that many of us have experienced in our lives that have kept us from creating freely. I hope to one day be this innocent and free again. Now where did I put that tutu?

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up."
~Picasso

Coincidence? As I was looking up this video to post on my blog, I found that Aelita Andre is having another solo show at the Agora Gallery in NYC which started on June 6th and runs through July 3rd. I may just have to check that out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated!

Please feel free to post any questions you may have and I will answer in the same thread.

Creatively...

michelle renee bernard
www.YesterdaysTrashArt.com