Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Can I Peak Your Pinterest?

I have to admit that I'm not a big fan of computers, social media, web surfing and blog reading. They tend to just suck you in. You'll just go see what so-and-so is up to.... oh, what's that link.... hey, this is a cool article... hmmm, an ad for cat raincoats... better check that out! And before you know it, hours have passed by. And it may seem strange coming from someone who's job as a graphic designer had her on the computer 8 hours a day for more than 15 years... but when I get home from work, the last thing I want to do is sit in front of a computer. Until Pinterest, that is!


With a name derived from a "pinboard" of "interests" this site lives up to and exceeds the idea of a vision board. It's the one place in this world of social media that is pure inspiration. And it's so much bigger than that cork board over your desk. I mean... just look at all this amazing inspiration! Every time I open my Pinterest newsfeed, it's chock full of yummy eye candy. It really is addicting... but I don't mind. It inspires my art and my life. It's all good.


I can"pin up" an unlimited amount of ideas in as many categories as I like, and organize them however it suits my fancy! I've got sections for inspirational art, stuffies, dolls, collage, journaling, circus-related items, personal imagery, mark-making and scribbles, food, travel, home decor, organizing, studio ideas and so much more!


Since I've been on a quest to define my own personal style, Pinterest has been very helpful for me. I just click on one of my pinboards and voilà! Here are all the things I'm inspired by... with notes about what in particular I like. It's just so exciting... it makes me want to get off the computer and make something!  I feel like it's one of the most valuable tools in my art box!

You can find me on Pinterest at SideShowShelly. Check out my boards and see what inspires me. You never know what may peak your interest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated!

Please feel free to post any questions you may have and I will answer in the same thread.

Creatively...

michelle renee bernard
www.YesterdaysTrashArt.com