Thursday, April 18, 2013

Lollipop Circus...

Whew! It's been a long time since I've been able to paint. I've been kind of busy with things lately, but it's funny how my brain doesn't stop "painting" throughout the day (and night)! I imagined this stick-like figure of a girl before I had begun, but after that... the rest was up to my imagination.

I painted and thought and played... and painted and thought and played some more. It was hard. I didn't know where to go with it and those old "being afraid to commit" ghosts kept showing up. With encouragement from my Facebook friends... I decided to be brave, go with my gut, and whatever happened... happened.

I was loving the brightly neon, obnoxious color combinations and so I tied them into a few favorite themes of mine... the circus and candy. I added a tent in the clouds and a pinwheel lollipop garden... and this dreamy canvas was born. You can't really go wrong when you paint what you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated!

Please feel free to post any questions you may have and I will answer in the same thread.

Creatively...

michelle renee bernard
www.YesterdaysTrashArt.com