Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Graphic Design? Put it Online!


Well, I finally did it. Over thunk it. Hemmed and hawed about it. Planned and re-planned it. And then sat down and actually made it.... My online Graphic Design Portfolio! As you may have seen me talk about on my blog, it's time to get back into the "real world" and get a job. Running my own mixed media art business was an amazing experience, but with the economy still in recovery... I'm all about the stability of full-time work.


Before I had my own business, I was the Art Director at a craft company for 6 years... so it's been about 9 years since I've looked for work in the Graphic Design field. And boy have things changed! Employers won't even look at your resume unless you have samples of your work to review online. It took me about two months to gather samples, scan and photograph them, and decide how I wanted to present them. In the end, I set it up very much like the personal art gallery section of my website, creating categories for the different types of designs I've created over the years. So take a look at my Graphic Design Portfolio to see what I make when I'm not making art... and let me know what you think!

Oh... and P.S. if you know anyone that needs any work done... I am for hire!

1 comment:

  1. It is truly a great and helpful piece of information.
    I am satisfied that you simply shared this useful information with us.
    Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing information. Kansas City web design

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated!

Please feel free to post any questions you may have and I will answer in the same thread.

Creatively...

michelle renee bernard
www.YesterdaysTrashArt.com