Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thoughtful Thursdays: I Can't!

Earlier this week, I got the opportunity to take a 2-day painting class from Portland artist Jesse Reno entitled Freedom to Create. I knew it would be tough because his class takes you outside your comfort zone. I knew this going in, which is why I chose to take the class. Being the "recovering perfectioninst" that I am, taking a workshop that thrusts you into making mistakes and confronting what you don't like, would have terrified me 5 years ago. But these days... I was really looking forward to turning "I can't" into, "How can I?" I definitely feel more confident about looking at my art and being objective now (Life, well... that's another story!).

I'll be posting some interesting progressive photos of my project, showcasing all the layers and how they changed throughout the class in my blog post on Tuesday so, stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated!

Please feel free to post any questions you may have and I will answer in the same thread.

Creatively...

michelle renee bernard
www.YesterdaysTrashArt.com