Thursday, December 29, 2011

Thoughtful Thursdays: I Love Wood!

 I'm not sure why, but I absolutely love making art on wood! And this woodburnt folk art-style doll purse I made while taking a class from Suzi Blu is no exception! Perhaps it's the smell of the burning wood... reminds me of being around the campfire. Maybe it's the way acrylic paints let the wood show through... I just love me some texture... courtesy of mother nature!

Transferring the image is easy-peasy with the age-old pencil transfer method! Some things never go out of style.

Burn, baby burn! This part is fun and scary all at once. But oh, the smell of burning wood. Mmmmm...

Painting in the details. She's coming around now. Although my anal-retentive side would not let me paint over the burn lines. I like the contrast of the bright paint and the burnt wood, but... ugh! Sometimes I just need to chill out and let go!

Some finishing elements and then there's still more room to play, play, play! I love working with wood so much that I just bought ten 16" x 20" wooden panels. Not sure what I'm going to do with them. But I'm sure it involves paint, collage and lots of layers! Fun time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated!

Please feel free to post any questions you may have and I will answer in the same thread.

Creatively...

michelle renee bernard
www.YesterdaysTrashArt.com