Thursday, February 26, 2009

Nice To Meet Me...

Inspired by the movie Coraline, I have decided to make my own "me" doll. In the movie, a neighbor boy Wybie brings Coraline a doll he found in his Grandma's attic... and it looks just like her! So I'm making one that will look like me. Since I don't have a sewing machine, or much experience sewing... it may take a while. But I want it to look hand made, so it's all good. So happy to feel inspired again. It's been too long! I'll take you along the journey as my doll makes progress...

(if you'd like to purchase this original Coraline Little Me pattern, check out my Etsy listing here!)

4 comments:

  1. YAY for inspiration! Gotta love it when you find something that just sparks your NEED to create. I can't wait to see what your YOU doll looks like. *grin*
    Peace & Love,
    ~Barb~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowing you...it'll be fabulous! Then we'll all want one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lookin' good. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stumbled upon your blog while looking for a pattern to make my own "Little Me". I was wondering, the pattern you made, would you be willing to email that to me? I can't sew to save my life, but I'm hoping that I can give the pattern to a friend of mine and see what she can do with it!

    I would really appreciate it, and by the way - GREAT job. Really, it's the only one I've found that is even half-way decent, and your's is brilliant! (I sent you an email as well).

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated!

Please feel free to post any questions you may have and I will answer in the same thread.

Creatively...

michelle renee bernard
www.YesterdaysTrashArt.com