Monday, December 15, 2008

Recession-Proof Holiday Shopping...

So I did things a little bit different this year when it came to holiday gift shopping...
I decided, since we're in the middle of this economic crisis, that I would shop for my presents in the wonderfully quaint towns I live so close to. I thoroughly enjoyed perusing the shops in Asbury Park, Spring Lake and Manasquan too. And do you know what? There was no pushing and shoving... every shop owner made sure to greet me and say thank you before I left (even if I didn't purchase anything!)... and every single place wrapped my purchase up and put it in a nice bag! The towns were filled with bands belting out Christmas tunes, carolers, trumpeteers, lots of Santas, and even a stilt-walking juggling nutcracker! I really enjoyed supporting these local businesses.
How is your Christmas different in this recession? Do tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated!

Please feel free to post any questions you may have and I will answer in the same thread.

Creatively...

michelle renee bernard
www.YesterdaysTrashArt.com