Thursday, December 12, 2013

Don't Mess With My Candy (Apple)!

After a very quick two weeks of jewelry-making... I needed a bit of play time again. I felt like painting, but I wasn't sure what to paint. Then I remembered that I had a bunch of drawings in my sketchbook.

I had done them awhile back... in an attempt to find my own personal style (which I'm finding out is a constant quest!). So I thought, these sketches are very much me... let's see how the candy apple looks in paint!

I also thought it might be a great addition to my current gallery show, since I had sold a couple of pieces already. But when I finished the painting, I loved it so much... I decided to keep it!

Oh, and I have no idea where the eye patch (complete with a red rhinestone heart) came from... it just popped into my brain while I was working on the piece. I think I really wanted to get the point across, not to mess with my candy! And a 3D element on any of my pieces always adds that touch of whimsy I love so much.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet ! I thought of some little punk using a sling shot to get the apple off the tree and resulting in your apple's tough apple attitude !
    Love how you always play, Michelle !
    Love and light !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim! I absolutely LOVE your story!!! xoxo

      Delete

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated!

Please feel free to post any questions you may have and I will answer in the same thread.

Creatively...

michelle renee bernard
www.YesterdaysTrashArt.com