Sunday, October 18, 2009

Nesting...

Inspired by my Squam art retreat smack dab in the middle of nature... I had the need to create these speckled paper clay eggs. Most likely to incorporate into some jewelry pieces. I have always had a penchant for birds, nests and eggs... and so this just seemed very organic. They look a little too "pretty" for me though. I need to "dirty" them up a bit. Maybe some burnt umber? Maybe silver, since they're ultimate residence will be on a silver necklace? Not sure yet. I'll have to play some more.

2 comments:

  1. Oh YUM! These are gorgeous. I know what you mean about looking at your pieces and seeing them looking a little too pristine...what about some distressing ink or something like that?

    I can't wait to see what you do with them. They're really beautiful.

    Peace & Love,
    ~Barb~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy Rescorl sent me the link to your blog...Great stuff! I think these eggs would look great distressed and some silver added!I love eggs lately,not sure why this sudden fascination with them has cropped up.Something about the shape,I think?
    Jaimie

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated!

Please feel free to post any questions you may have and I will answer in the same thread.

Creatively...

michelle renee bernard
www.YesterdaysTrashArt.com