Monday, July 20, 2009

Tighe One On...

Yesterday, I went to the Cirque du Asbury Fashion show at Langosta Lounge on the Asbury Park boardwalk. The show's theme was a circus/vaudeville one... featuring tons of clothing from local retailers. So I couldn't pass it up. Funny thing though... I was totally enthralled by the performers (although I did love the fashions and plan on going shopping soon!). This talented young lady swallowed fire, rocked out to techno music with these cool weighted thingys and raved with some day-glo streamers too. And I love those pants! Impromptu emcee Tighe Swanson (a vaudevillian himself!) kept us all entertained while the fashionistas walked the runway. It was really a great show!

Edited 7/23/09: Okay, I did some research and those "cool weighted thingys" are called sock poi. I just ordered a set, plus the swingers (the ones with streamers), and a DVD from Luxotica. I am so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated!

Please feel free to post any questions you may have and I will answer in the same thread.

Creatively...

michelle renee bernard
www.YesterdaysTrashArt.com