Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Check It Out...

Whew! In the past 8 days, I've been to three different venues to sell my work. That's a lotta places! And they were all different.... the Art Vendor Fair in Ocean Grove had a nice, roomy 8 foot table, while Made In Monmouth (above) had a shorter 6 foot table, and then there's the Rumson, NJ Oceanic Library, where my jewelry will be featured for the month of April... I get a whole case to myself there! But I have to say it's been challenging and fun to figure out how to merchandise all of the different art, dolls, jewelry (and more!) that I make. And, it's weird but... I think I'm getting the hang of it!

Although, I must say... the space at the Oceanic Library is a dream!! I get an entire round case all for myself! Having sold my work mostly at art & craft shows, it was a bit strange having lots of time to set things up right, merchandising with fun props, and making everything look pretty and inviting! Usually I'm just throwing everything on a set of tables in a two hour span before a show begins. This was a relaxing alternative.

So much space and so many ways to display my work. And having an interesting way of accessing the space, led to some unusual, but kinda cool solutions... like with this earring tree...

The lovely ladies that run the library were very helpful and encouraging, and were fawning over my upcycled vintage jewelry creations. They think I'll do really well... and added that most of the jewelry artists do in this location. And 20% of all sales go toward this non-profit library... so that's a bonus!

Oh, and I even got my name on the marquis! How cool is that? Double bonus!!

If you'd like to stop by and take a look at my jewelry, I'll be at the Oceanic Library in Rumson, NJ for the entire month of April. So go ahead... check it out!

2 comments:

  1. I think you get to advance to GO......in Monopoly talk that is.....good job!!!!! I can't wait to see what the outdoor shows bring you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to GO, girlie! You have been very busy since our visit -- I look forward to all the fun, creative things that you have in store :)

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated!

Please feel free to post any questions you may have and I will answer in the same thread.

Creatively...

michelle renee bernard
www.YesterdaysTrashArt.com