Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Twisted... Amusement!

Well, here it is all my twisted little friends! The very last addition to my most recent mixed media assemblage... a heavenly pink, flying angel baby holding the magic arcade coin. Ta-daa!

It's funny because it took me a few days to add this finishing touch. Not so much because I wasn't sure if I was going to add it or not... more like... I just didn't want this one to end!

I had so much fun working on this particular piece, because I had no idea where it was going. In a world full of regimented tasks and things beyond your control, sometimes it's nice to just let go of outcomes and let things play out on their own. The operative word being play!

Giselle was definitely my inspiration for this assemblage. Poor thing. I just didn't like the look of her all pretty and pristine. Maybe I was a little jealous? But she looked so sad, like she was hiding behind her blushing dress and those curly locks. I knew she really felt twisted inside... and wanted to show that part of her. Now she's where she belongs.

So... the stars are aligned...

My sides are split from all this amusement...

And my mind is thoroughly Twisted!

Thanks to all of you for coming along on this delightfully unusual journey with me. It's been a barrel of.... well... Twisted Amusement!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated!

Please feel free to post any questions you may have and I will answer in the same thread.

Creatively...

michelle renee bernard
www.YesterdaysTrashArt.com