Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Little Pink House No. 3

I got tired of working with all those square shapes! And so one night, I said... "hey, a house!" I had the perfect piece of cardboard for it too. I embellished it with some vintage children's book pages for the roof and door... then I painted with Claudine Hellmuth Studio Acrylics... Cut out a window... sanded the finish... and added some dimensional objects for interest. I found the phrase, "Who are you?" and thought it was perfect for this point in my life. The vintage photo of the baby seemed to be looking into my soul, so that one fit the bill... I finished up with some charcoal around the edges of the entire piece. Hey, this is fun!

2 comments:

  1. Michelle - you're such an inspiration! I love your whimsical take on your art. Do you teach? I would love to take a class with you (despite not being in the VA class). All the best! Kim Cataldo kcataldo@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated!

Please feel free to post any questions you may have and I will answer in the same thread.

Creatively...

michelle renee bernard
www.YesterdaysTrashArt.com