Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Cotton Candy Cigar Box Top...

I was in the attic and found a bunch of cigar box lids that I had removed from some assemblages I created a while back. I saved them because I thought they'd make a cool substrate for something in the future. I quickly picked up this long, skinny one... as it screamed "cotton candy"! I gave it one coat of gesso and used acrylic paints for the sugary treat. It seemed kind of plain, so I used elements from around the edge of the lid that were still slightly visible... and incorporated them into the piece. It still needed something more... so a little hand written story about spending time at the boardwalk as a child did the trick. I think this is my favorite "art as therapy" piece thus far!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated!

Please feel free to post any questions you may have and I will answer in the same thread.

Creatively...

michelle renee bernard
www.YesterdaysTrashArt.com