Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thoughtful Thursdays: I See Stars!

For me, inspiration can come from anywhere at anytime and from anything. And since I watch TV, listen to the radio, and love going to see plays and movies... sometimes it comes from the stars of stage, screen and sound! Many times it's influential in a teeny-tiny way, like the stars on this woodburned piece here. This particular (and literal) addition of stars was influenced by Kat Von D of LA Ink. Kat has a collection of small stars tattooed on her left temple.

This tree-like assemblage was influenced by the band They Might Be Giants and their song Build A Little Birdhouse. In it, they have a line that says, "make a little birdhouse in your soul".... so I did!

And, well... you may recognize this little troublemaker if you saw the movie Coraline! She's my very own Little Me — inspired by the movie character's scary little doll she found in her own likeness. I practically ran home and started making this after seeing the film. I think Coraline is going to be one of those Cult Movie favorites, for sure.

So there you have it... a little bit of star-inspired inspiration. Are there any stars that have influenced your art or creativity in big ways or small? I'd love to hear about it.

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing about your inspiration - and I love what you have made!

    The bird house art is AWESOME, and I especially love the little HEART detail!

    You should link this post up with Guest Heart Thursday today!!!
    clytie-randomhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated!

Please feel free to post any questions you may have and I will answer in the same thread.

Creatively...

michelle renee bernard
www.YesterdaysTrashArt.com