Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thoughtful Thursdays: The Color Pink!

Ahhhh... the color pink. So pretty. So girly. So whimsical. So happy and flirty. It's my favorite color in the whole Universe, and it definitely inspires what I do in my artwork... in an almost amusing way!

You see... for awhile, practically everything I made was pink. I tried to get away from it, but I just kept going back to it. A little soft pastel pretty pink here...

 A little in-your-face, bright magenta there...

Or a spot of pink... even for hair!

I don't know what it is about pink. I guess it's like a favorite old blanket or that perfectly worn-in pair of shoes. On those days that you just want things to be a little more relaxed and go just right... you turn to your good old comfy stuff, and just sink right in. I know whenever I have trouble with a project, I add a little pink... and I know everything's going to be alright!

What's your favorite color and how does it inspire you?

2 comments:

  1. I love your pink!

    I always find myself gravitating to deep forest green. It's always been my favorite color! I tend to pair it up with browns and yellows.

    So while Spring is my favorite season, my artistic side leans towards Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink is perfect. Or I like your word "flirty." I'm SO DIGGING THE PURSE!
    I love all colors.

    Michelle, it was so nice to hear from you yesterday on my blog. I have been in a tail spin this year and blogging has been at the wayside. I hope things will calm down for me by summer.

    I'm looking forward to seeing your artist creations. Best to you always.
    jeannie

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated!

Please feel free to post any questions you may have and I will answer in the same thread.

Creatively...

michelle renee bernard
www.YesterdaysTrashArt.com