Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thoughtful Thursdays: Display Ideas!

So I've been doing a little research on new, innovative and interesting ways to display my mixed media jewelry at craft shows.... and think I've come up with a few ideas I like. 

This one here is a hinged wooden frame with wire mesh behind it. Ooooh, maybe chicken wire instead (just thought of that)! I would paint it and distress it and then hang my creations from the wire. This would accommodate lots of jewelry! And it would fold up and store easily... always a plus.

I also liked the idea of using a pretty vintage frame with cork (where the glass would normally be) that I could put pushpins into and hang a few jewelry pieces on. I could use it horizontally or vertically, to showcase a few key pieces. Maybe a few different frames in different finishes and sizes would be fun.

I'm still thinking and drawing out ideas, because I'm still looking for that one stellar idea. Something that looks cool, has that vintage, upcycled feel and that's easy to set up for craft shows. I'm open to suggestions!

1 comment:

  1. like the wire mesh/chicken wire idea a a lot. leaves some space on the flat are of lots of other things.
    Happy Thursday, Michelle !

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated!

Please feel free to post any questions you may have and I will answer in the same thread.

Creatively...

michelle renee bernard
www.YesterdaysTrashArt.com