Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thoughtful Thursdays: Dimension!

No matter how hard I've tried (okay, I didn't try that hard!) to keep my mixed-media collages on the flat side, I pretty much always end up adding some kind of dimensional objects to them! It just makes the whole piece pop a little... makes it more real... and a little more interesting!

For this mermaid piece, I needed her to have a little offering of some sort. So I cut a piece of cardstock in the shape of an oyster... and painted it with acrylics. I then brushed some Perfect Pearls Pigment Powders over top to create that cool inner-oyster sheen. I wrinkled up the edges... attached it to the collage and then glued in some freshwater pearls.

Pleased with the results, I liked the subtle way it added to the otherwise flat piece. A little dimension goes a long way!

3 comments:

  1. Love it M! It i a very subtle addition to the painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to add that perfect little something that brings depth to your piece. I love it!
    Peace & Love,
    ~Barb~

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated!

Please feel free to post any questions you may have and I will answer in the same thread.

Creatively...

michelle renee bernard
www.YesterdaysTrashArt.com