Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Diving Right In...

So... I'm finally getting a chance to make stuff and I'm diving right into making jewelry. I'm kind of going back and forth between vintage repurposing, mixed media creations, and detailed beadwork.

I was totally inspired by some gorgeous mermaid pendants I had purchased a while back... and am enjoying outfitting them with the perfect colors and combinations of freshwater pearls, vintage beads and Vintaj natural brass findings, chain, charms and wire.

I fell in love with these chocolate brown freshwater pearls and they really worked perfectly with this sea-inspired piece. With a mix of faceted vintage beads that have a hint of metallic sheen, everything just kind of fell together...


The filigree bead caps really lend an edge of sophistication to any bead... even oddly shaped vintage glass notions or freshwater pearls...


And a sweet little hook and oversized jump ring make the perfect duo for a closure on this refined yet whimsical piece.

It's funny but, it took a little while for me to get back into a comfortable rhythm of jewelry making again. Kind of like riding a bike. You get back on and you're a little wobbly, but then you ride around the neighborhood a couple of times and you're like... "oh, yeah... I've got it now!"

This piece is available on my Etsy shop.

1 comment:

  1. I love it,the colors are great and the mermaid is so unique!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated!

Please feel free to post any questions you may have and I will answer in the same thread.

Creatively...

michelle renee bernard
www.YesterdaysTrashArt.com