Thursday, September 30, 2010

Art Journaling Tip #36 (and a bonus!)

One of my favorite techniques to add interest on a journal page is to color in all the letters that are "closed". You can do it with stamped letters, printing, or cursive handwriting. They all look great. If your ink is fresh, you may want to heat set it or let it dry overnight. Then choose a marker or pencil color that coordinates with your theme... and you're set... Instant interest!

Another technique I have on this page is varying capital and lower-case letters. So as not to overthink it (that could take forever!) I did the vowels in small letters. And a few other miscellaneous consonants I thought looked good.

1 comment:

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated!

Please feel free to post any questions you may have and I will answer in the same thread.

Creatively...

michelle renee bernard
www.YesterdaysTrashArt.com