Sunday, October 4, 2009

The World Is My Oyster...

I'm still riding high on the creative wave I caught at the Squam Art Workshop... and I am loving every minute of it! My mind races with thoughtful ideas in multiple mediums. Jewelry... paper clay... collage... and so much more. I made a second necklace, based on several of the techniques I learned at the art retreat. I used shells found on the beaches of my home town of Ocean Grove. The focal point of the piece was this gorgeous blue oyster shell. Sidenote: the beautiful lampwork bead on the left below was given to me by Anne Lichtenstein...one of my classmates (she made it!). Thanks Anne!
I added a sea snail shell... and a compass... so I wouldn't lose my way...
And my little crabby (a gift from my mom) anchored to the rock (given to me by yet another generous classmate...Carol Belliveau. Thanks for sharing!).
My mind is running wild with even more ideas using seashells! Yay creativity. And yay for sharing, caring people!

3 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful Michelle! I love the oyster shell.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still on a bliss ride too. Squam definitely got under my skin in a good way :-)
    Great to meet you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out beautiful! Glad to have met you. A sock creature awaits!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated!

Please feel free to post any questions you may have and I will answer in the same thread.

Creatively...

michelle renee bernard
www.YesterdaysTrashArt.com